submitted by waleed sajid
Mar 12, 2012
12th MARCH 2012 >>> 1 journey • 2 humans • 8 nations • 65 days • 13,000 kms on motorbikes. | Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (World is one family) is the mission of De Paix Yatra.
De Paix Yatra has purpose to honor the peacemakers of 8 nations of the world who has devoted their lives to bring the change. By meeting, going to routes and finding out the stories of the change from this part of the world is the only mission of this great life changing journey.
What: De Paix Yatra
• De Paix Yatra has a mission to unite 8 nations with an ideology of peace, non-violence and kind...See More
Why De Paix Yatra:
• De Paix Yatra is demanding just a peace.
• De Paix Yatra will connect everyone from Politicians to the grass route trendsetters who promote peace, common men who are seeking reformation and to civil society.
• De Paix Yatra is to promote a new deal for the world of love, peace, unity and justice.
• De Paix Yatra is very important because peace is very important in the world.
The way forward:
• A book of all collected stories will be published.
• The journey and experiences will be documented in form of short film.
• Extraordinary efforts to connect 8 nations with Peace, Kindness, and nonviolence to be made via music shows, organizing Peace talks and kindness shows.
• Unique initiative- Letters of love will be launched with this Yatra.
Main cities we are going to cross:
Bombay (India) - Baroda - Ahmedabad – Udaipur - Ajmer - Jaipur - New Delhi - Chandigarh - Amritsar - Lahore (Pakistan) via Wagah Border - Okara - Multan - Bahawalpur - Sukkur - Quetta - Dalbandin - Zahedan (Iran) via Mijva border - Bam - Kerman - Yazd - Isfahan - Qom - Tehran - Qazvin – Meyaneh - Tabriz - Dogubeyazit (Turkey) via Bazergan - Erzurum - Erzincan - Turhal - Corum - Ankara - Bolu - Istanbul - Corlu - Kesan - Kavala (Greece) - via Ipsala - Thessaloniki - Mount Olympos - Meteora - Lamia - Athens - Patras to Bari (Italy) via Ferry - Naples - Rome - Areezo - Bologna - Milan - Annecy (France) - Djjon – Paris - Calais - Dover (England) - London
Riders: De Paix Yatra
• Parth Vasavada, is an acclaimed social agent of Change and Social Entrepreneur. He is the Founding Member-President of Yuva Unstoppable and Founder of Youth Recruitment Program. Parth is associated with many organizations like Gujarat Government, GCCI, Assocham, Shatayu, Monitor Group etc. Many Social Movements have been shaped under his leadership. Parth represents inspiring face of today's youth of India. He is an avid cyclist, loves watching movies and doing anonymous acts of Kindness. Food lover and traveler, books are his oxygen. He lives in Ahmedabad.
. (Twitter: @ParthVasavada)
• Nitesh Square, is an Artistic Photographer. Filmmaker, Photo-Journalist, Peacemaker and Social Change Activist for good. He has volunteered with several local & international NGOs like Yuva Unstoppable, Manav Sadhna, Indicorps, World Camp, Inc etc. A former journalist of The Indian Express and DNA, Ahmedabad. Now, he lives in Mumbai and travel all over to explore art. (Twitter: @NiteshNitesh)
Anchor: De Paix Yatra
• Debi Dutta, actor - model - anchor, born in Kolkata, started her acting career in the Yash Raj film - Rocket Singh. Been the brand face for Close Up and featured in several AD films such as Thump Up, HCL, Pepsi etc. This is the first time she has been part of such a movement and looking forward to this extraordinary journey. She lives in Mumbai. (Twitter: @LoveDebiDutta)
Peace Consultant: De Paix Yatra
• Megha Rawat, a Masters in Conflict Transformation & Peace Building and currently completing a Masters in Sociology, she started her work as a peace educator with Standing Together to Enable Peace, New Delhi . A facilitator of the programs for At – Risk Children and Media literacy, she also consults as a content developer for other organisations. Taking Peace Education to every classroom is what she aims for. She lives in New Delhi. (Twitter: @RawatM)
To unite the world with an ideology of peace, non violence and kindness!
De Paix Yatra
|Add Comment (Text, Image, Video)|